Saturday, October 4, 2008

10 things not to eat at Malott Commons

So, as per Samantha's suggestion, I have compiled a list of things that you really, really don't want to eat at the dining hall...
  1. Rice pudding (if you can't tell what it is at first glance, don't eat it)
  2. anything involving the word "casserole" (I promise, you'll regret it)
  3. beer-battered cod (more batter than cod, and greasier than John Trivolta's hair)
  4. jello (just don't go there)
  5. BLT pizza (lettuce on pizza really doesn't work. It gets all dry and crispy)
  6. The really strange soft serve flavors (mango espresso swirl, anyone?)
  7. Fruit danish (I promise that that isn't apple filling)
  8. Grilled cheese (ridiculously greasy, with un-melted american cheese)
  9. Pinapple upside-down cake (there's a reason that it's there for a week)
  10. anything involving ricotta cheese and spinach (as good as it sounds, it never tastes good)

And there you have it.

Now if you excuse me, I'll just enjoy my scharffen berger dark chocolate icecream and cappuccino while sitting next to the fountain...

3 comments:

Samantha said...

Amusingly enough, grilled cheese is one of the better things at the grill in our dining hall, cause they make it fresh for you. The one grill guy there fairly often knows when I come up I want a grilled cheese.

Aimiewith2eyes said...

I went for the Jello one time here, and the Jello wasn't so bad, but there was this horrible "whipped cream" they put on it, and layered in it.
Some of the things I DO like though is the omelette counter and the stir fry station. Ooo, and the fresh tortillas.

Samantha said...

And when I was at Scripps, I definitely forgot about the fact that swirl swirls the two flavours in the machine, and doesn't always have choc and vanilla :) It was pretty funny. I told the girls from the school what I had done ad they said they had done the same thing more than once. Unfortunately, our dining hall only ever has choc and vanilla, oh well.