Sunday, November 23, 2008

Common Grounds, Common Vomit

Things I take pleasure in:
  • Listening to the marijuana posession citations of my next door neighbor
  • Amusing snippets of conversation from passersby on cell phones
  • Forking queens in hall chess tournaments
  • Taking off my shoes after a long day of classes
  • Finding something new to put up on my wall, because it means I get to use the yellow sticky putty
  • Watching Battlestar Galactica into the wee hours of the morning with hall mates
  • Watching really good Eugenian street musicians
  • Watching really bad Eugenian street musicians
  • 6AM Starbucks runs after a long night of paper-writing
Things that make me unhappy:
  • Thinking I slept through my math midterm, only to learn that it's actually next week
  • The lingering miasma of vomit in the hallway
  • The intersection of 13th and University Street, where I am sure to die by bicycle collision
  • Poorly constructed chicken pesto sandwiches from the cafe
  • Only being able to register for 18 credits
  • The agonizing wait for winter break
  • Missing Alaska... just a little

2 comments:

Liz said...

mmmmm starbucks.......i want starbucks.....or any store that actually is open past ten at night. (europe got one thing horribly, horribly wrong).

don't miss ak! you'll be back soon enough! (for winter, right?)

Samantha said...

at least you DIDN'T sleep through your math final