Monday, November 24, 2008

new necklace!

So this summer, one of the many interesting characters I met wore rather a lot of jewelry, and among his clinking collection was a necklace he'd made out of a guitar string. Being the sort of person I am, I immediately asked him which string it was...but his answer was disappointing, it was an E. It was still pretty neat though. 
However, it never really left my mind...so later this year, when I was talking with my many-instrument-playing friend here, I mentioned in passing that I'd always wanted a necklace like that, but not necessarily one from an E. 
Well, anyway, last night I got a text from her-- 'I broke a string! damn! but you can have it if you want.'
That's right. Ladies and gentlemen, I am now the proud owner--and wearer--of a G string necklace.

5 comments:

Samantha said...

NICE. I LIKE IT.

Andrea said...

That is AMAZING. I suppose you can always say now that you're wearing a g-string...

River said...

OH MY GOD YES

Samantha said...

i really want to see a picture........hint.....hint....

Liz said...

well, sam, im not sure im too keen on publicly posting pictures of me in a g string. but for you...