Friday, January 23, 2009

Photos on a Rainy Day


I wake, the sky is
dark, full of clouds, pregnant with
moisture, class beckons

Physics class, too warm
California heat on a
Chilly winter day

Outside the chill soaks
Into my clothes, the sky glows
With light from nowhere

Grab my camara,
The lighting is perfect for
photos, soft and clean

Drip, drip, the trees drop
Moisture onto the bright red
Of my umbrella

Soft light makes flowers
Glow from within, flash! destroyed
By forgetfulness

Settings reset, once
More I attempt to compose
Colors in a shot

A lilly in the
Fountain glows, gold fish swim below
Disturb reflection

Leaves float in a small
Puddle between paving stones
Forever captured

Deep blue iris glistens
With beads of water, each one
Attracts the eye more

A lamp-post stands, alone
The curve of a bench accents
The unyeilding form

The battery quits
Protests the hours my camara
Has spent on this day

Return in the rain
I glance behind, so many
Potential pictures

2 comments:

Samantha said...

ooh....very nice. A lovely meditative tone to the poetry...and I want to see the other photos, did you get more than one?

Andrea said...

Yeah, they're up in photobucket. I took something like 150 pictures yesterday, it was awesome.