Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Fire Goddess Confession

On the evening of January 4th our dear friend Emily came up to me at Aimie's birthday party. Putting her arm around my shoulders, she said, "You know I hate to say this but it's a bit too cold for skiing. Do you think you could warm things up a bit?"
Now everyone knows I am the Fire Goddess, Bane to Skiiers and their precious snow. Thankfully in past years we have come to an agreement. They give me cheesecake and they can keep their cold snow. I had never had a Skiier ask me to make things warmers but I assumed it would require the same payment.
"You have cheesecake?"
Emily shook her head. "No, but we are eating pretty good ice cream cake. That should be enough."
"Ok, I'll see what I can do."
What Emily and I failed to take note of was that we were eating sacred ice cream cake of the mint chip variety. Two days after I got back from Nome the temperature started to rise and as most of you know the rest of the story is history. Ski races, school, and a lot of other things were canceled because of too much warmth. 
The moral of this story: Don't ask the Fire Goddess to make it warm until spring and don't underestimate the power of the sacred ice cream.
  

5 comments:

Andrea said...

We are the happy people!

Samantha said...

fire goddess...make it snow for jumping jo's....or don't prevent it from doing so...

Aimiewith2eyes said...

hahahah

...I have learned much from this. Thank you...

Liz said...

if you make it about five degrees colder and snowy where i am in norway, there will be cheesecake...whenever im in AK again...
:)

Rianne said...

We are the happy people!