Friday, June 25, 2010

The Case for Mars: The Musical

I am a nerd, and I have no problem admitting it. Specifically, I am an astrophysics/ cosmology nerd. My nerd credentials include attending nerd camp at Stanford University (Introduction to Cosmology) and doing astronomy research with a UAA professor senior year of high school. And, here's a secret, I love really nerdy sciencey cool stuff. This ranges from interplanetary trivia to goofy science videos. And that, ladies and gentlemen, is where this comes in:



This video was made by a project called Symphony of Science, and there are many more like it. They take snippets of speeches and television programs by prominent astrophysicists, astronomers, physicists, cosmologists, aerospace engineers, etc. and auto-tune them into a song. The goal? "to deliver scientific knowledge and philosophy in musical form." I'd say they do a pretty good job at that. Plus, Carl Sagan is my idol.

No comments: