Tuesday, June 15, 2010

In case you were wondering....

Err, what's going on with the blog? It looks... different.
Yes, well I'm fiddling with it.
Good lord! Why?
Honestly? I got bored. I'm in Arizona, and it's hot, so it's not like I can go outside or anything like that.
Yes, but... Why?
Oh, well, specifically, I thought the blog needed some sprucing up. See, the internet is an exciting place with lots of exciting things to do and see and, lets face it, our blog was a little boring to look at. So, I'm fixing it up a bit.
Who, exactly, gave you the right to do that?
Well, I suppose Sam did, seeing as she gave me admin privileges. Also... I seem to be the only one posting right now. It's very sad. Please, come back guys! I miss you! And my blog posts are kind of boring. Please come back...
Umm... Yeah, back to the blog...
Oh! Right! Sorry... Essentially, the blog needed a make over. And I have a lot of time on my hands, so I decided to do it.
Well, what exactly is happening, then?
Honestly? I'm not sure yet. I'm trying a few different things out, trying to see what I think works. There will probably be lots of changes that don't stay. There will probably be  a lot of changes that are atrocious, but will stay for a while because I have nothing better to fix it with. Menus will move, labels will change, the Universe will come together in harmony. Ok, maybe not that last one. Anyway, most changes will be temporary. Probably.
Ah. So, there's no grand plan then, is there?
Well, not really, no. The ultimate goal is just to make something that I think is both pleasing to look at and is easy to navigate. Very likely, this will involve me learning another computer language (CSS) in an attempt to get things exactly the way I want them. Edit: yes, I do in fact need to learn a little CSS to get this thing working. Bear with me people, this could result in some really strange things if I screw up. It might be a while before something sticks and I stop messing with it. See something you like? Have an idea? E-mail me and I'll see what I can do.
Any idea when you'll be done?
Haven't the foggiest. I'm sure the changes will slow down when I get home, simply because the internet speed there is a tenth of what  it is here. I miss home, but not that part. Additionally, something final will probably happen by the end of the summer, because I will have a lot more important things to do when I get back to school.
Uh-huh. Well, have fun with that.
Oh don't worry, I will.

2 comments:

Samantha said...

I love you.

Andrea said...

Love you too Sammy. Feel free to bug me about blog design. I have no pre-determined plan, so the end result is entirely flexible.