Monday, April 6, 2009

Late at night

i sit on my bed

feel the tenseness in my shoulders
a combination 
of exercise classes, 
carrying water, 
and stress

i stare at my computer screen
willing my thoughts to arrange themselves into an essay
look through old photos
read and reread the texts
wish i could just go to sleep

i sit
listen to the hum of the air 
the soft breath of my roommate
and chill music from pandora

i sit
my mind preoccupied with my to-do list for the week
always thinking of the next thing

but
maybe
for now
I will live
just today

i sit
and i listen
and i think

i think of that girl trapped in the wallpaper
too weak? 
just caught,
pinned into a role she has no desire to inhabit

i am not that girl
i will live for me
pursue my passions
my interests
once i figure out just what they are

but for now

i sit

i think

i begin to write.


No comments: