Friday, August 29, 2008

The Idea of this Blog

I am amazed by the huge variety of situations and places our group will be living in this year. Whether going to a women's college with under a thousand students...like Andrea or a university with over 60 thousand total students like me, Arizona, Colorado or Norway, we all will share some of the same fears, joys and desires to be able to tell someone our latest crazy story of dancing in a thunderstorm and making sandcastles in the volleyball court (more on that later). 

I hope this can be a place to document scattered Alaska with glimpses into our lives. 

I hope this can be a place where we can post lists of the 10 things NOT to get in the dining hall, haikus about the mold in the communal bathroom and pictures of our dorm rooms. I hope we can tell stories, share videos and maybe post music that is really applicable to us at the moment. 

I want to hear about your lives.

River and I thought this would be a good way to not have someone have to keep up all the demands of a solo blog but to work together. River, in all of his river-y awesomeness, set up this blog for us.  

Please post, please comment, please share, I want to hear.


No comments: